EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner can be used in self-cleaning ovens.
Self-Cleaning Oven Directions:
- MAKE SURE SELF-CLEANING CYCLE IS TURNED OFF AND OVEN IS COLD.
- SPRAY IN COLD OVEN. Follow directions in Step #1 above.
- CLOSE DOOR AND WAIT FOR 2 HOURS FOR THE FOAM TO PENETRATE OVEN SOILS. Do not turn oven or self-cleaning cycle on.
- WIPE CLEAN. Use wet sponge, cloth or paper towels, rinsing frequently with warm water.
EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner is safe for this type of pilotless oven, however, the oven should not be lit when spraying. If the heating element is exposed, cover it with foil while spraying.
EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner is safe to use in a gas oven.
EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner can be used on BBQ grills although we recommend the use of EASY-OFF® Grill Cleaner. BBQ Grill cleaning: DO NOT USE ON GRILL EXTERIOR, INTERIOR OR COMPONENTS.
- Remove rack from grill and place on several layers of newspaper on a non-wood surface such as pavement or utility sink. Brush cooking racks with a stiff wire brush to remove any remaining food.
- Hold can upright pointed away from face and spray from a distance of 9-12 inches. Allow foam to work for 40 minutes or longer.
- Wipe rack with wet cloth or sponge, rinsing frequently.
- However, it should not be used on aluminum or painted surfaces.
- Make sure that the surface is rinsed thoroughly with water before food is placed on the surface.
No, it should not be used in a continuous-cleaning or microwave oven. This type of oven surface is extremely porous. If the product is used it will affect the appearance of the oven; it will become gray or white in color after the product has been removed particularly on the oven floor.
NOTE: If used in a continuous-cleaning or microwave oven in error, we recommend rinsing the oven well with vinegar and water only to remove the product residue. This will not reverse the appearance of the surface (the oven may have the appearance of being gray or whitish after product is removed). Additionally there is a possibility that the continuous-cleaning feature will no longer be functional. There will be no effect on food/cooking or baking after the oven is rinsed.
Yes, EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner may be used in the broiler section of your oven according to directions.
We do not recommend using EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner in a heated oven.
EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner is safe for oven racks, but if the racks have a type of plating on them, it may cause flaking or peeling, and possible staining. Try the product on a small part of the rack to insure that no problem will result. To remove dark stains, try a metal polish such as Noxon®, which may restore the appearance.
Yes, EASY-OFF® Fume Free Oven Cleaner can be used to clean the glass window on your oven door.
Yes, however you might notice some steam or evaporation. Therefore, we recommend that you heat the oven to 300 degrees for 15 minutes before using. It is best to keep pets (especially birds) out of the room until smoke and fumes dissipate.
We recommend rinsing the oven well with vinegar and water solution, only to remove product residue.